Monday, July 5, 2021

[23M] First-time solo trip recommendations? Can’t narrow down where I want to go

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

One of my questions is about lodging. I’m planning on visiting in August, September, or October. But in general I’m flexible and can take time off whenever. Should I try out a hostel (never been to one)? I’m single and am an engineer, and live with my parents, so luckily I have a healthy budget. I can do hotels but I heard a lot of people rave about the hostel experience in early 20s.

Or maybe I should do a guided tour like with contiki or EF ultimate?

Or just plan it myself?

A little bit about me: I would say I’m an ambivert. I’m shy to talk to people, but a healthy amount of interaction with people is something that I do need. I’m looking to do mainly a lot of sightseeing, stuff like beaches aren’t too high of a priority but are a nice bonus! I just want to see beautiful landscapes, architecture, be in a place with a lot of history.

I speak Russian, English, beginner-intermediate in French, a beginner of Arabic, and intermediate in modern Hebrew

Also there are so many countries in Europe that look awesome I honestly can’t decide. So far I’ve considered these itineraries for a 2 week trip: - Croatia + Slovenia - Italy - France + Belgium + Netherlands - Germany + Switzerland + Prague and Vienna and Budapest (already been to Prague and Vienna but it wasn’t solo) - Portugal + Spain

submitted by /u/BellevueWASucks
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/2V2ZGqp
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More