Thursday, January 27, 2022

Don't book with VRBO!

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I recently had a VRBO host cancel a booking on me with less than a week's notice. Since then I have had to spend over 20 hours on the phone with VRBO's customer service just to get my refund for their "service fee".

I'm always overly polite and cordial to customer service people because I know that, even when the company is awful, it's not the employee's fault. Despite that, in that time I have been flat out lied to, hung up on, and even asked for my bank statements to prove I haven't received the refund. It is impossible to get to someone who can actually tell me the status of the refund, and every person asks for a different piece of information (feels like a stalling tactic).

If I hadn't been paying attention or had trusted them at their word, they would have straight up stolen my money. At this point I have no doubt this was their intention, and I'm sure they've done this countless times without people realizing.

Shady stuff! And also easily the worst customer service I have ever received. There's a reason they have 1 out of five stars from the better business bureau. Avoid them at all costs!

submitted by /u/chuckincharge
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/32FlzjW
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More