Sunday, January 16, 2022

Should I switch my Patagonia itinerary?

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hi all!

I am in a bit of a difficult situation as I have an upcoming trip to Chile and the Patagonia as well as Buenos Aires in 9 days. Unfortunately, I just became aware of the Mobility Pass for Chile. I filed my request on the 13th so it really has only been 2 days. Based off of my research I am seeing that it is taking a few weeks for it to process. However, there are a few optimistic posts that say it only took a few days. I don't really want to rely on those.

Original Itinerary is as follows:

  • Fly into Santiago
  • Stay a few nights in Valparaiso
  • Fly down to Punta Arenas
  • 5 days in Torres Del Paine
  • Go to Buenos Aires for several days
  • Fly back home

What I am debating on, is should I switch my itinerary and start in Buenos Aires, go to el Chalten/Calafate and explore the Argentinian side of the Patagonia? Fitz Roy, Perito Moreno, etc. and instead of Valparaiso, replace that with Bariloche or Ushuaia?

Or should I go to Buenos Aires, stay there a few days. And await to possibly receive my mobility pass to enter Chile and do Torres Del Paine as originally planned?

I've never been to either so I'm really stuck. One would be relying on the possibility of receiving my mobility pass. The other is completely switching things, but I don't know if TdP is a better option vs Fitz Roy area.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Vic_toorb37
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/3nxeTLX
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More