Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Travelling to Egypt as a woman?

https://ift.tt/uEJhCoO

Hello! I'm a 21 year old female from Ireland and I'm planning where to travel to celebrate my 21st birthday. I just got back from Greece and absolutely loved seeing the historical parts of Athens. I wanted to pick somewhere rich in history and culture rather than just a nice sun holiday:)

I decided to look into visiting Egypt and have talked about it briefly with my boyfriend. I did some research tonight and I'm horrified by people's experiences. Is it really that bad? Has any other woman traveller there alone or with their SO? Is sexual harassment/assault really that common?

I saw someone suggest Jordan as an alternative for visiting that area of the world but I thought I'd ask some of you your experiences before completely disregarding the idea of visiting Egypt.

I'm quite shy and introverted so the idea of constant hassle and scams scares me a bit.

submitted by /u/shanklymrshankly
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/ioP4bWF
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More