Sunday, April 24, 2022

Cannot use Nexus Lane if over the Exemption Limit?

https://ift.tt/oCGRaqt

hey all,

I have a question regarding the nexus. It would be my initial enrolment. I am in a bordering town and just like many others here, make day road trips to the US for shopping, groceries and gas. Looking at the convenience of shorter wait times in the nexus line, I am intrigued to apply for the program.

However, I read this on the CBSA website: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/ ... e-eng.html

if you are a Canadian, U.S. or Mexican resident and you are importing goods for your own personal use, and you are within your personal exemption or entitlement, you may use the NEXUS lane and make an oral declaration to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer. If you are over your personal exemption or entitlement, you must use a regular traffic lane to report your goods.

So does it mean that if you are over your exemption limit you cannot use the nexus lane at all? Considering there is no personal exemption for day trips, does that mean coming back to Canada from the US, I would not be able to use the Nexus lane sine I will have groceries and lets say other shopping such as clothes etc.? My understanding was as long as you declare thruthfully you are able to use Nexus.

Can some current nexus holders please comment? I find it rather strange to believe that all those people I see scooting in the nexus lane have been away for more than 24 hours from Canada.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/igottheaxetoday
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/S9315lh
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More