Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Ferragosto WHO? Itinerary help PLEASE!

https://ift.tt/p8f4Uej

Lol! I have a trip planned to Italy (first time) in August and had no idea about Ferragosto. Luckily, I still don’t have accommodations booked (this is a fairly last minute trip to celebrate my law school graduation). We will be in Italy from Aug. 8 to Aug. 19, leaving from Milan (we will be coming in from Paris).

Our itinerary was originally taking the train from Paris to Venice, spending 2 nights in Venice, then 4 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Florence/Tuscany, 2 nights in Lake Como/Milan.

Now, with Ferragosto, I’ve been told to plan for beach/lake cities since restaurants will be closed. I’m thinking subbing in Cinque Terre or Portofino and forgetting Venice.

For some background, my friend and I are in our mid-20s and love arts and culture, but also wine, food, and nightlife. We planned to have our Rome nights on the weekend.

I’m playing around with some potential itineraries but having difficulty. Please let me know what you think of this itinerary or if you have any wisdom to share!

Arrive in Florence and spend 3 nights (including a wine tour in Tuscany), Florence to Rome and spend 4 nights there, leave Rome on Ferragosto and head to a coastal city for 2 nights, and then spend the last two nights in Lake Como/Milan.

Will we regret not going to Venice?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/carriebradshaw2
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/XY0RLxP
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More