Thursday, January 26, 2023

Hoping to Plan a 2-3 month trip for my first time out of the country!

https://ift.tt/kvTBcdK

Looking for help & advice from seasoned travelers. I’m 23 and have never been out of the US (not even Canada or Mexico). I’ve always loved the idea of traveling, but have no idea what to actually expect. This trip would be for myself & my boyfriend (who is an experienced traveler). Hoping on going Fall/Winter 2023-2024. I would be going to school while traveling (so WiFi is important) and my bf would be working remotely (very part-time)

I’m thinking of spending a good amount of time in Eastern Europe/the Balkans, as my family is from Greece, it’s less expensive than other areas of Europe, lots of history, but still less of a culture shock than other regions (that I would also love to visit but maybe not for my first trip ever). Is this a good idea?

My boyfriend lived in Poland for several months and loved it, so we would definitely want to visit there. Thessaloniki is where my family is from, so that is also a must-stop.

I was thinking of spending a month in Greece (renting a cheaper Airbnb), and a month in Prague, Budapest, or Krakow. Which locations would you recommend in Greece to be able to see as much as possible while also having a nice home base? Which of the three other cities (Prague, Budapest, Krakow) would you recommend? I would also like to visit Berlin, and possibly Vienna if possible.

Also - would you recommend the longer stay or would it be better to split it up by week? I would really like to be able to immerse and get comfortable in the place I am staying, but also want to maximise my experience.

Money is an object (reallllyyy hoping not to spend more than 3000), so I would like to keep most of my travel in areas that are less expensive but still interesting, lively, historical, etc. Is this possible or are my expectations too high here?

Thanks so much, really appreciate any advice for a first time traveler!

submitted by /u/supersecretaccountey
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/XrO6DWp
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More