Thursday, March 30, 2023

First time in South America, please help me calm my wits. Atlanta - Quito - Guayaquil.

https://ift.tt/rJ9qKZT

I've taken the opportunity to spontaneously book a trip to the Galapagos. Not my first trip abroad, but my first time south of the US border, heading to the Galapagos next month.

Although I'll be on a boat with English speakers, I'm going to be headed down there on my own. I can normally hold myself together during culture shocks and language barriers, but South America feels next level new in terms of culture and language. I'm doing my best to cram learn survival Spanish, but what else can I do to not feel overwhelmed/dread?

I know I'm being irrational since I'm not even going to be backpacking or otherwise immersed in Ecuador proper and I'm grateful for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but I can see myself not sleeping on the way down there.

submitted by /u/Obischlongcanblowme
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/fj7FNKk
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More