Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Uzbekistan & Aral Sea - Visa & tour questions

https://ift.tt/VQ071Ov

I'm working on piecing together a ~2 month trip abroad this summer that includes about a week and a half in Uzbekistan. I'm starting in Tashkent but am hoping to do a trip to the Aral Sea. As a historian of the region, I'm very interested in experiencing it firsthand.

Two questions come to mind that I'm hoping to get some guidance on here

  • Visa & letter of invitation: As a US citizen, I know that I can go through the e-Visa process that seems fairly straightforward. I'm trying to understand the best way to get the letter of invitation that appears to be required, however. I'm applying for an Algerian visa right now as well and they allow for a simple copy of a hotel reservation. My understanding for Uzbekistan is that an actual letter is required and a couple of the hotels I've come across specifically state that they no longer issue these letters. I tried inquiring with a couple of travel agencies in the country but they have not been terribly helpful. Anyone have any guidance/experience with this?
  • Aral Sea tours: It seems that a guided tour is the only practical way of getting there. I've come across a few that are rather expensive ($800+ for 2-3 days) but I'm currently looking at a couple of cheaper tours offered by Islamek Travel. Does anyone have any experience with this company? I'm pretty willing to rough it for a couple of days if needed but am curious nonetheless.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/moraleclipse_
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/Dr87bsv
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More