Friday, June 16, 2023

Advice needed on Switzerland itinerary.

https://ift.tt/SuNynqx

Hello there;

I booked a trip to Europe in the beginning of July.
I will arrive in Paris (CDG) early morning and departure from Zurich (ZHR) 12 days later, mid day. I will I have 11 full days to explore (not counting the day I'm leaving, since it will be all about waking up and heading to the airport.

Anyway, My family want to quickly visit the well know attractions in Paris (such as Eiffel tower, Arch of Triumph, Palace of Versailles) and then head to Switzerland where we do plan to spend the majority of time, 5 to 7 days perhaps?

And this is where help is needed :-)

The only things we know for sure we want to visit are:

  1. First Cliff Walk in Grindelwald.
  2. Those beautiful waterfall views in Lauterbrunnen.

We are traveling with a toddler so extreme hiking is not an option.
The idea is to experiment a bit of both: the mountains and the city life while optimizing the schedule and making sure we don't loose a lot of time moving from place to place, hotel to hotel.

I don't mind renting a car in Switzerland if that will help me manage time and make our life easier since we have a baby with us.

  1. From Paris to Switzerland: do you think I should land in Geneva, Bern or Zurich?
  2. For that bit of city experience, which of these 3 cities do you think we should explore (other options are welcome)?
  3. How much time do you think we should allocate for the city and how much time for the mountains? Grindelwald hotels are sold out by the way but I was able to find something in Interlaken which i reserved for a good chunk of time. I could reduce the time in that reservation and spend those days somewhere else.

By the way, my folks are not into fancy restaurants, they will pick pizza and McDonalds over fancy food any time.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by this hole thing, first time traveling for a country we don't know enough to plan anything or to even determine the region we should be looking for accommodations so any help/advice you can offer is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Humble-Coder
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/Rxpcqv3
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More