Sunday, June 11, 2023

Lost my German residence permit, but need to go back tomorrow for university.

https://ift.tt/gacqElz

The situation is thus: Despite believing that I had checked and secured my residence permit before leaving the Schengen Area earlier this week, I got back into the UK and realised that I do not have it. My partner, who lives in the EU permanently, found it for me and mailed it to me -- but it will not arrive in time for my flight tomorrow.

I have printed off sheets of documents to prove that I live in Germany. I have University enrollment certificates, bank statements, rental contracts, health insurance certificates. I have my University ID card as whilst as my TK health insurance card. And despite not having my residence permit, I do have the slip of paper that it came with that states my name, the university I attend and how long the validity of my permit is (this slip of paper is also signed and stamped by the local German authority). I also have pictures, back and front, of my residence permit on my phone.

Could I still take my flight tomorrow?

submitted by /u/combatc0ck
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/teXPjgq
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More