Saturday, June 24, 2023

Travelling to countries without embassies

https://ift.tt/kWZDhSo

So I realise most people here will be from bigger countries & therefore this won’t be a problem for most, but what are you supposed to do when travelling to a country that your country doesn’t have an embassy in?

I’m a citizen of Trinidad & Tobago & we only have a handful of embassies around the world. Fortunately this has never happened, but what if I lose my passport in one of the many, many countries without an embassy? For some I can figure that you’re meant to use the closest embassy; like if something happened to me in Spain I should contact the Trinidadian embassy in Belgium since that’s still in the EU. But what if I was in Australia? We don’t have a single embassy in Oceania.

So who should be your first point of contact in these types of situations? Do you reach out to your country’s embassies in random other countries? Contact the embassy of a neighbouring country & pray they help? I’d appreciate any suggestions

submitted by /u/wussabee50
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/PuNC7LZ
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More