Sunday, December 29, 2019

PLEASE HELP: Australian WHV application - need advice on the cost of Health Examinations

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Soon after my application, I got emailed a letter saying:

'We require you to complete health examination(s) to ensure that you meet the health requirement for your Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa application.'

From what I understand, it's because I've been in a high TB burden for 3+ months over the last 5 years. They've asked for a:

  • Medical Examination and

  • Chest X-ray Examination

Problem is, the one 'panel physician' Australian Immigration recommends in London charges £275 for the checks, more than the cost of the visa itself. I'm not sure if I can afford this right now and have around 3 weeks to get back to them.

I really want to hear from people who have been in a similar position (applying from the UK)

Do you HAVE to go through a 'panel physician'?

Is there any way to get it done through the NHS / cheaper?

Would I be able to get a refund for the original application fee if I can't get the money together on time? I wasn't aware that the application would cost me over £530 :/

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

submitted by /u/KrustyGreen
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/2F02Yzv
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More