Thursday, August 11, 2022

Renting Car in UK; License Renewed Recently

https://ift.tt/Q70qpGn

I am going to be visiting England soon, and part of my travel plans involved renting a car for greater freedom particularly in the rural parts of the country. Looking at the rental conditions for all of the major companies, they say that you must have had your drivers' license for a particular period of time (usually one or two years.) Here in the US our licenses expire and must be renewed, but this doesn't mean that we haven't continuously possessed driving privileges for longer. For instance, I've had my license for almost 6 years now, but the currently issued one was given to me less than 1 year ago because I needed to renew it upon expiry. Do the rental companies require you to possess the currently issued one for over a year in order to let you rent a vehicle or can you show them the expired license alongside the valid one to confirm that you've had one for over a year? Alternatively I could get an IDP if that allows you to circumvent this rule. Thanks in advance for any help, as I am having a lot of trouble finding answers.

submitted by /u/LordBiscuit1837
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/bnYke2W
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More