Thursday, May 11, 2023

Business class flights have too many perks

https://ift.tt/Xj9kPTY

Not sure if this is a common talking point on this sub, so I apologize if so. I don't come here often. I just wanted to vent about first/business class nowadays.

I think for 90% of people, it's just a plain scam. A lot of people think it's worth it, but I think for 90% of these people, they just value the lie-down seats. Reddit is full of people defending why it is worth it to them, and the number one thing they mention is feeling "rested" and "not being able to sleep sitting down." The mistake is thinking that airlines have to package the various other perks with the lie-down seats. They don't

I'm an older traveler, and I remember when first/business class was basically just large regular seats that lie down. No suite enclosure, few fancy gadgets and perks, not entertainment system (they used to just have a RBG projector on a screen up front). And the best part was that it was relatively affordable. Like affordable that I, as an upper-middle class person, could fly it on every transcontinental flight.

Today, it feels like airlines just added a bunch of "luxury" perks that are high-margin for the business, then price first/business class at 5 to 10x the price of economy. So only 1%ers, fortune 500 businesses, and credit card churners can afford the seats. I just want a freaking 1.5 to 2.5x price premium for lie-down seats. You can keep the rest of the perks.

submitted by /u/Due_Total_4516
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/gqZxHUh
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More