Monday, September 18, 2023

Sweden to USA on ESTA - Told I might get turned away next time.

https://ift.tt/C0nRAdD

Hello! I currently live in Sweden (originally from NL). My partner currently lives in the USA. I visited her twice in 2022 with no issues (a month each time, about 3 months between visits). She has also come to visit me. This year I visited April 18th - July 11th which is 85 days. On entry to the USA I was held in customs for 2 hours. They told me I might not get in next time I visit and to expect that I get sent home essentially. I had a return ticket already and return train tickets. I know it is partially because I do not currently have a job or go to school and they're worried I will work illegally or try to stay here.

Can they really keep me from entering the USA if I don't have a job in Sweden? I live with my parents and we've been moving while we look for a permanent house- on top of not being able to speak Swedish yet. I have enough money to support myself for the duration of my travels and am able to stay with my partner while I am there. I have never overstayed, have always had a return ticket. We are trying to plan a trip for Christmas (3-4 weeks). Has anyone ever had trouble with this? I'm very nervous about getting sent back as traveling is hard for me as it is. Thanks for any advice.

submitted by /u/samoothie
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/NrRkvuI
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More