Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lady Gaga leads with 13, most VMA nominations in history

Lady Gaga may be the one bowing under the most VMA nominations in history, but Eminem's the one who's angry.

The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards nominees have been officially announced with Gaga leading with 13 nods -- the most in VMAs history -- and Eminem following close behind with eight nominations.

"Apparently, MTV doesn't care that I have two massive stadium shows on the other side of the country the day after the VMAs. F me, right?!?!" Eminem said in a statement.

"I mean, I'll be there, but don't expect me to be nice about it."

The rapper's "Not Afraid" music video is up for Video of the Year and he is also up like Best Male Video and Best Hip-Hop Video.

Meanwhile, Gaga was a little more gracious about her record number of nods, which included two nominations for Video of the Year, for "Bad Romance" and "Telephone," making her the first female artist to be nominated for two videos in one year.

"I'm so honored for all the little monsters and self-professed freaks of the universe, to have more VMA nominations in a single year than any artist in MTV history," she said in a statement. "Ironically, I'm even more proud it's an unlucky number: 13."

She later sent a special message to her Twitter followers.

"13 VMA noms lilmonsters. Breakin records+breakin rüles," she tweeted Tuesday afternoon. "I love you, you Bad Kids are a part of me. PAWS UP"

Other big name nominees include Katy Perry, who is up for Best Female Video, alongside Gaga, for "California Gurls." Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" and Taylor Swift's "Fifteen" are also in the running for the award.

Teen pop sensation Justin Bieber leads the Best New Artist category alongside Nicki Minaj, Jason Derulo, Ke$ha and Broken Bells.

"Just found I was nominated for Best New Artist at the VMA's! WOW!!" Bieber tweeted Tuesday afternoon. "I remember walking the red carpet last year and no one knew my name

The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards air September 12 at 9 p.m. on MTV.

Fans can go to VMA.MTV.com where they can find a full list of nominees and vote for the winners from Tuesday through September 12.

> www.nydailynews.com

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More