Sunday, February 5, 2012

M.I.A. Heads To Morocco For 'Bad Girls' Video

There’s plenty of M.I.A. to go around this week. On Friday the outspoken rapper made her debut in the visuals for Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Luvin” single alongside Nicki Minaj, but she’s also got some work of her own to show off. The Romain Gavras-directed video for “Bad Girls,” premiered today.

Gavras is the director responsible for M.I.A.’s controversial “Born Free” video, and the two still seem to retain their chemistry. This latest clip finds her in the Moroccan desert amongst some pretty talented street racers and women toting arms.

"Bad Girls" serves as promo for M.I.A.'s upcoming fourth album, which she intends to release in the summer, but in the mean time she'll join Madonna at the Super Bowl to perform her verse on the material girl's single "Give Me All Your Luvin'," along with Nicki Minaj. "Yes, I'm going to the Super Bowl…," she said during an interview with BBC Radio 1 this week. "I'm gonna be performing with Madonna and Nicki Minaj... If you're gonna go to the Super Bowl, you might as well go with America's biggest female icons."

“As musicians, we’re two women and we represent two opposite sides of the world," she continued, on the Madonna collaboration. "If we can come together on a piece of music or something like the Super Bowl, I feel like that’s actually a cool thing to see this year because it’s getting silly out there.”

@MTV


M.I.A, Bad Girls from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More