https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
A Woman Under The Influence is one of my favorite films and I try to only watch it once every few years. The first time I saw it was in school, in the back of the class on a CRT TV (I thought it was fine). The second time I saw it at a repertory screening in NYC and the entire crowd was in tears by the end (myself included). I think the only time I've experienced such a strong, emotional reaction from an audience was in a sold out Lion screening back in 2016.
I watched Woman again a few months ago and the last 45 minutes completely grabbed me by the throat. I can't fully explain it - it felt like someone was standing on my forehead. It absolutely destroyed me.
What are some of your "one" movies that bring out an intense emotional response every time? It doesn't need to be dramatic - even uplifting, joyful, scary. United 93 is another movie that really kills me - and on the flip-side, Coming To America makes me feel so inexplicably comfortable and "good"
[link] [comments]
from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/3h7jZZ8
via IFTTT


