Sunday, June 21, 2026

How much time do I need to get through security at the Frankfurt airport?

So I'm Mexican and flying to Sweden next month and I'll have a layover in Germany both on my way there and on my way back. Now, on my way back, at the very beginning of August, I'll have a 6 hour layover in Frankfurt. I have a couple friends in Germany so I told them to come see me at the airport for breakfast for like maybe 2~3 of those hours. Now I just want to make sure what time I'll have to lock back in that day and head to security so I don't miss my flight.

​

Like, for one, I'm assuming I can leave the security area (I don't need to be able to leave the airport) since I don't need a Schengen Visa. So I don't think there'll be any problems if I leave that area to meet with my friends (I've sorta looked into the layout and I think there's these "buses" that take you to a main area of sorts?).

​

I'm thinking I'll probably head to security at least 1.5 hours before departure, but I want to know if that's risky? It's a connecting flight between Sweden and Germany that'll take me directly back to Mexico, so I'm not sure if I'll have to go through immigration (I'm assuming yes? But idk).

​

I've tried researching but the info on this stuff isn't really clear at all and I'm autistic and struggle with vague information so I figured maybe people with the experience could give me a clearer answer. Regardless I'll be asking multiple times at the airports I go through in case they know, as well.

submitted by /u/FixItFelixTheFTM
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/NgFsxnW
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More