Hi everyone,
I'm looking at booking a self-transfer flight itinerary from Düsseldorf (DUS) to Tokyo with a layover in Istanbul (SAW). I will only have carry-on luggage (no checked bags).
My main concern is whether I'll be forced to clear border control to get a physical boarding pass at the AirAsia check-in counter before it closes.
Here are the details:
- Arrival: 14:50 at Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen (SAW) – Pegasus Airlines (from DUS)
- Layover time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
- Departure: 17:15 from SAW – AirAsia X (to KUL)
- Counter Deadline: The AirAsia check-in counter closes 60 minutes before departure (at 16:15), giving me effectively 1 hour and 25 minutes from landing to reach the counter if a digital pass isn't issued.
My questions:
- Does AirAsia X actually issue digital/mobile boarding passes for international flights departing from SAW (Istanbul), or will I be forced to go to the physical check-in counter for passport/document verification?
- If I can get a mobile boarding pass, can I just stay in the international transit area without going through Turkish passport control?
- If I DO have to exit transit, go through passport control, hit the landside AirAsia counter before 16:15, and clear security/immigration again, is 1h 25m way too risky at SAW?
Any advice from people who have done an AirAsia self-transfer at SAW would be greatly appreciated!
[link] [comments]
from travel https://ift.tt/PWjYChy
via IFTTT


