Friday, August 14, 2026

10 days and $2000. Is it worth spending this time and money on Utah?

Mexican-American girl here. I have 10 days off in October and I planned an amazing itinerary for Utah: slot canyons, backpacking, off-road. I also landed a permit for the White Rim road.

The reason why I am very hesitant about this trip. Is because:

-I would be driving close to 20 hours (plus back) to get there from Texas. It comes out cheaper than flying and renting a car.
-I need a 4x4 rental for white rim road. This is gonna set me back $700 for two days.
- this will be a tiring, intense, risky roadtrip that's gonna be weather dependent. I also will be mostly camping (which I do like)
-Will be cooking most of my stuff too to save costs.

After adding all expenses, I realized I could do something else. Ie go to Puerto Rico or Guatemala. More relax, laid-back, better food.

But tbf, I'm torn. Idk what to do. Utah is very special to me.

submitted by /u/Desertedfoxx
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/0WVeiGX
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More