Monday, September 28, 2026

First time in Europe, feedback for my Italy + France itinerary before i book everything

Hola everyone, doing my first big Europe trip summer 2027 with my partner and could use some real feedback before I start looking into hotels.

Quick context on my non-negotiables, so please don't tell me to cut these lol:

  • Oasis concert in Barcelona on July 11 (this is literally the reason for the whole trip), other than the concert, Barcelona is not my main destination.
  • Monte Solaro chairlift in Capri
  • Eiffel Tower
  • Italy for the food
  • Mix of city and nature

We fly into Barcelona and loop through Italy and France. Here's what we got:

Barcelona 3 nights. Arrive, chill, Sagrada Familia, then the concert.

Naples/Sorrento 5 nights. This is our Italy food era. Doing Capri as a day trip for the Monte Solaro chairlift, plus Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast.

Florence 3 nights. Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, and a day out in Tuscany for wine and the Chianti hills.

Paris 4 nights. Eiffel Tower, museums, Versailles.

Then back to Barcelona for one night to fly home.

Some context on us. We like a slower pace, we don't want to pack every single day, and we care way more about good food and actually enjoying places than checking boxes. Budget is around 13k for two.

My questions:

  • Is 5 nights in Naples too much/enough? I read online that 2 to 3 but I don't want rushing.
  • Naples to Florence is like 3 hours by train, is that fine or am I underestimating travel days?
  • Anything we are obviously missing or should skip? Sadly I don't see how to add bernina express
submitted by /u/Sad-Signal-404
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/shkM8y5
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More