Monday, September 7, 2026

Overnight Train Venice to Rome

In late september and early october I will visit the Dolomites, and my flight back home departs Rome Fiumicino airport at 12:30. I figure I have to get to the airport around 9:00 to deal with customs and checking in, so my plan is to go on the overnight train from Venice Mestre to Rome Termini that arrives at 6:35 and then get the express train to the airport that should take half an hour. Since the train is overnight, I am assuming that there is a low risk of significant delays, and since I am scheduled to arrive early I have a lot of padding for eventual delays.

I want to do this to avoid having to leave my hotel 2 am and drive at night to get an early high speed train, or having to get an afternoon high speed train that arrives at Termini around 23:00 and finding a late check-in hotel.

Is this a good plan? Are there many delays in the overnight trains?

submitted by /u/doodth
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/zq6Db3m
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More