Sunday, September 20, 2026

traveling abroad for the first time

Hi!

Bit of an inexperienced young adult here who is traveling from the US to Europe in October. Not only is this my first time out of the country but I'll be alone for the traveling portions until I meet my friends in Berlin. I guess I'm just seeking any advice that experienced travelers might have! And hopefully you can answer some of my questions, too!

- Once arriving in Berlin, do I need to connect my phone to any additional servicing or will it work normally there for me to be in touch with my friends?

- What is the best mode of transportation to get around the city? Taxis, trains, Uber/Lyft?

- Should I make all my purchases on cards? Or carry cash around with me?

Any and all help/advice appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/merengue_
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/yKM53td
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More