Thursday, October 1, 2026

Cairo Recommendations for Solo Woman

Hi! I (30F) will be traveling in Egypt in May 2027 and hoping to get some recommendations. I plan to spend the first part of my trip on a G Adventures tour, but will end with 4 days solo in Cairo due to cheap flights. I want to visit Alexandria and possibly El Fayoum on day trips and am looking at booking at Villa Layla Hostel or Dahab Hostel due to their tour desks.

  1. Has anyone stayed at either of these? Do you recommend the all-female dorm, mixed, or private? I've stayed in all styles in past trips, but hoping for recs specifically in these hostels.
  2. Do you have any recommendations for how to arrange or confirm group rather than private day trips in Cairo?
  3. Any recommendations for female owned and operated tour companies would be sooo appreciated!

This will be my first trip on the African continent, but I've traveled in China, Australia, across Europe, Peru, across the United States solo and am still a bit intimidated by Cairo.

submitted by /u/Maddy_egg7
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/NKFw9P2
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More