Wednesday, July 28, 2021

2 weeks in France and Switzerland.

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hi all. I am currently planning my solo trip for late next month to France and Switzerland (fingers crossed!). Below is my proposed itinerary and would love feedbacks!

Aug 22: arrive in Paris at 1pm, fly to Nice arrive at 8pm
August 23: roam around Nice, back to hotel to start working at 5pm
August 24: Cannes, back at hotel by 4:45
Aug 25: Monaco, back at hotel by 4:45.
Aug 26: Nice.
Aug 27: flight to Geneva at 8am.
Aug 28: Geneva
Aug 29: Interlaken
Aug 30: interlaken.
Aug 31: interlaken then head to Luzern.
Sep 1: Luzern.
Sep 2: Luzern/Zurich
Sep 3-6: Paris.
Sep 7: fly back home :(

For nice/Geneva, would it be better to fly to Geneva on the 26th at night or early on the 27th? I was also thinking of staying in Luzern with a day trip/afternoon to Zurich before train to Paris. Or would it be better to stay in Zurich and just train to Luzern? Should I spend more days in Paris than Switzerland? No set budget, wouldn’t mind spending but nothing too extravagant.

I really do like being out in nature when it’s pretty as Switzerland. I can probably do short hikes, nothing crazy since I’m a beginner hiker. But I also really want to experience Paris. I’m aware that I should set my expectations low on Paris…

I plan to do free walking tours so that I know which places I want to go back to later. I don’t want to pack too much on my days but could do it depending on what activities they are. When I travel, I like to eat local food, have a little bit tastings (food and wine). I also enjoy just sitting and people watch and take in the vibe of the place. I will go in to some museums, haven’t figured out which ones yet. Definitely the louvre. One thing I learned this past year, I am definitely a city girl but need to have nature/mountains near me (I live in the pnw which is perfect for me).

Ps: what does anyone think of the ubigi eSim? And no, I don’t think I want the hassle of buying a physical sim…

Thanks all!

submitted by /u/reddityousuckass
[link] [comments]

from travel https://ift.tt/372biN8
via IFTTT

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More